Saturday 20 June 2009

union jack

Gosh this was hard work! But I really like how it turned out so I guess it was worth it. My husband really liked these when we were wandering around a shop somewhere, debenhams maybe, so I thought I'd have a go at making one. If I could have chosen fabric from scratch I'd have gone for a more darker blue to give it a more vintage feel to it if you know what I mean. Actually my hubby would still like another for on our bed so maybe I'll keep a look out for some fabric that is just right.


I managed to ride the waves of fate and picked up some of the Laura Ashley heath green fabric today and also found out there was a LA shop within 4 miles of me. Hmm, not sure that is a good idea!! Mind you I didn't buy anything else, all just a bit too expensive for me I'm afraid.

Right, best get on with some more stuff!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic, well done you :)

    I know what you mean about LA prices, not my cup of tea really, though
    I did have a little spend in their meaga weekend ;)

    Some pink and blue gingham, some little flowers that light up and a little goodnight sleeptight sign :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Thankyou for your lovely comment!
    Yes I do do commisions too - my email is
    rmbr30553@blueyonder.co.uk

    sam xx

    ReplyDelete