Friday 12 June 2009

Should be sew easy!

Well I always think sewing should be easy. What I forget is that I have absolutely no patience when it comes to measuring and cutting and getting it just right. Or I think I know exactly how an envelope cushion will work and so sew it up and hey presto... er um... well it didn't quite work!

That's what happened when I decided to do a cushion cover made from some Laura Ashley tea towels. It sat looking sorry for itself until I decided to redo it today and thankfully it worked this time!

Here it is in all its glory next to a cushion I made right the first time (phew! am learning just a bit then!). They just need some sort of embellishment - a crochet flower maybe? The patterned cushion is for my daughter who absolutely loves dogs and animals. I scoured ebay for some fabric that caught my eye and found this print which I think is Moda pampered pooches or something. I adore it anyway. Especially the little scottie dogs, and I've now got a request to make a stuffed dog that I saw on a site somewhere. I think I bookmarked it. Oh here it is :) I think she overestimates my abilities!!

More sewing! I made this pillowcushion for my son (excuse my daughters sandals!)
He's kind of a bit old to be pushing much a vintage style on, he's nearly 9. I've been trying to think of something I'd like his room to be (of course I have to be happy with it!!) and realised that actually he has vintage likes already - planes and cars. Sorted. I also found a fantastic duvet set for him on ebay which has old WW2 planes on which he loves. Seems like it's coming together then. I'd like to crochet a RAF circle cushion too. When I get that done I'll get some pics of the room :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the cushions. I have made some of the scotty dogs from Allsorts pattern and the pattern is easy to follow - give me a shot if you get stuck on it. Good luck
    MM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there ;-)
    love the fabric on your sons pillowcase its fab!
    good job on the cushions as well
    lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks for entering my birthday giveaway! Good luck! Love the cushions, great fabrics too xx

    ReplyDelete