Friday 5 June 2009

It'll get worse before it gets better

Ugh. Been decluttering and rearranging rooms. We have too much stuff that is junk and need to streamline it so much! It'll be worth the hard work I'm sure, but the going is tough.

I have my heart set on a vintage, country feel in the home now. I've been thinking about it lots lately and all through different fashions I've always been drawn to floral prints, old style houses and simple country styles. I've always loved old childrens books with nostalgic covers, old tins with character and houses where you can spend ages just looking at things and not get bored. I've never liked modern styles. I think I know now that this is my style and I need to follow my heart and get the house looking just how I want it.

I'm going to have to write some lists so I can keep track of my ideas!

I mentioned in my last post that I am crocheting a blanket. I am really quite proud of this and although it won't be as big as I'd like I'm sure it will be a welcome addition to our blanket stash! I am over halfway now but here is a picture of how it was a couple of weeks ago to give an idea of how it's going to look.
It will have 6 or 7 repeats of the pattern and you know, for a first go at crochet I think it's not bad! I'm hoping to do a granny square one next after that :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment